Monday 12 January 2015

Quotes that guided the project




“We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home” Australian Aboriginal Proverb



“Tell me and I’ll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I’ll understand” North American Native Proverb


"I'm only interested in people engaged in a project of self-transformation" Susan Sontag


“I want you to think with me this morning from the subject: rediscovering lost values. Rediscovering lost values. There is something wrong with our world, something fundamentally and basically wrong. I don’t think we have to look too far to see that. I’m sure that most of you would agree with me in making that assertion. And when we stop to analyze the cause of our world’s ills, many things come to mind”. Martin Luther King, Detroit, 1954


Unless otherwise stated all images by Uwe Derksen 
© 2015




Discussing the trip at the Walpole Bay Hotel in Margate in November 2014 with UCA students and supporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment